Commission an original hand-painted family or corporate heirloom.
An heirloom portrait is a very special experience for both the artist and the subject. Mr. Dordick seeks to create beautiful portraits that capture the true spirit of the subject. The process begins with a discussion of setting, mood, pose, and wardrobe, includes a photographic session and creation of an oil study. Throughout, Mr. Dordick strives to communicate and advise the subject, taking great care to listen to and to welcome his or her input. Mr. Dordick’s goal is to create family or corporate treasures that are heirloom-quality and will be cherished by future generations.
CUSTOM OIL PORTRAIT WORKING PROCEDURES
- Mr. Dordick meets with you to discuss the general spirit of the portrait, background, approach (formal or informal) and location where the portrait is to be hung. At that time, a photography session is scheduled. A 50% non-refundable deposit is required.
- Mr. Dordick supervises the photography sitting which includes various poses and close-ups that provide primary source material for the portrait.
- The photographs are reviewed with the subject to ascertain the best pose, gesture and expression for the portrait acceptable to both artist and subject.
- Within a short period of time, Mr. Dordick produces a small (9 x 12) oil study indicating the basic pose, composition and color scheme. Once these considerations are agreed upon, Mr. Dordick begins the actual portrait in his studio.
- Upon completion, the portrait is reviewed with the subject, and any necessary adjustments are made to the client’s satisfaction. Balance of payment is due upon completion.
- The final portrait is delivered to the client. Framing is not included in the price, however Mr. Dordick will be pleased to assist in the frame selection.
Pricing for website paintings or portrait commissions
quoted upon request